A Smart Home is one that provides its home owners comfort, security, energy efficiency (low operating costs)
and convenience at all times, regardless of whether anyone is home...
What is an IP Camera?
An IP-Camera allows you to monitor your home, whenever, from wherever. Most of them allow you to see everything in full colour high definition with sound. A built-in night vision allows you to see up to 5 metres even in complete darkness. It's easy to setup, connects to your home Wi-Fi and can even alert you when motion or sound is detected.
What are the benefits of using an IP Camera?
1. Monitor what happens at home while you're not there
2. Be informed as soon as any movement is detected
3. Depending on the model, you can also save sounds or take pictures
Connected Home hubs
What is a Home hub?
A Connected Home Hub is used to control a variety of Home devices to automate your home. Connect sensors to it to be alerted when a door a window is opened. Home Hubs are perfect for all of your Home and WiFi devices.
What are the benefits of using a Home hub?
1. Connects all your smart home devices (per provider)
2. All connected devices can be controlled by app
3. Can be used as control station
Door- and window sensors
What is a Door- and window sensor?
A Home Door/Window Sensor is a contact sensor that detects when a door or window is opened or closed, providing you with a trigger for automating your home. A Door/Window Sensor connects seamlessly with your connected home hub, guaranteeing compatibility and getting your smart home network up and running right away.
What are the benefits of using a Door- and window sensor?
1. Detects when a door is opened or closed
2. Informs you of every detected motion
3. Multiple sensors can be connected for several doors/windows
What is a Motion sensor?
A Home Motion Sensor detects motion within its field of view, providing you with a trigger for automating your home. A Motion Sensor connects seamlessly with your Connected Home Hub, guaranteeing compatibility and getting your smart home network up and running right away.
What are the benefits of using a Motion sensor?
1. Detects any movement
2. Informs you of every detected motion
3. Multiple sensors can be connected for several rooms
What is a Siren?
A Home Siren is a smart audio warning device with different sounds built-in. It's easy to set up and manage with an app, and connects to your router via a Connected Home Hub.
What are the benefits of using a Siren?
1. Can be managed via an app
2. Different sounds exist
3. Generates a loud sound to chase thieves away and alert neighbours
What is a Video recorder?
A Network Video Recorder with HDMI is a dedicated standalone device that can simultaneously record videos from several network cameras in full HD resolution to its dedicated HDD storage.
What are the benefits of using a Video recorder?
1. Saves videos from IP Cameras
2. See in the evening what happened during the day
3. If needed, the videos can be directly transferred to the police
What is a NAS (Network-attached storage)?
Your personal cloud storage. Share and Access your files from anywhere on any computer or on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets with a NAS server app. Watch HD entertainment, manage your files with the Smart Library, and back up your most important data securely. No complicated setup needed.
What are the benefits of using a NAS?
1. Personal, secure Cloud storage
2. Share and access data from anywhere
3. Effortless surveillance network setup
What is a USB hub?
USB Hubs provide additional USB ports to your PC or Mac, allowing you to connect USB devices such as digital cameras, external hard drives, flash drives, and printers. A USB Hub is the ideal plug-and- play solution for easy and fast data transfer between your computer and external USB storage devices. All 3.0 USB Hubs are backward compatible.
What are the benefits of using a USB hub?
1. Superfast transfer speed up to 5 Gbps (with USB 3.0)
2. Extra USB ports for your PC or Mac
What is a Router?
A Cloud Router creates a blazing fast home network that connects all of your computers and mobile devices to your broadband Internet connection. Allowing you to stream HD video, make Internet calls, and surf the Internet from every corner of your home without interruption.
What are the benefits of using a Router?
1. Creates a personal network
2. Provides secured access
3. Creates an internet connection for all your devices
What is a Powerline Adapter?
A PowerLine Starter kit makes it easy to create a HomePlug network. The kit includes two PowerLine Adapters – simply plug them in to available power outlets and press the Simple Connect button to create a secure connection.
What are the benefits of using a Powerline Adapter?
1. Uses existing electrical wiring
2. Easy to install
3. Creates a stable internet connection
What is a WiFi Repeater?
A WiFi Repeater or Range Extender sends your current WiFi signal from your router further out. It 'repeats' the existing signal to increase your current WiFi coverage and range. If you want to extend your signal out to your garden or to the other side of the office, consider investing in a WiFi Repeater.
What are the benefits of using a WiFi Repeater?
1. Increased Signal Strength
2. Overcomes Obstructions
3. Allows you to enjoy your WiFi anywhere you'd like
What is a Network Switch?
A network Switch uses one single network connection from your router or modem to offer multiple ports instead. Usually routers offer up to four LAN ports whereas a Switch has between 5 and 52. Your network can always be extended and more devices can regularly be added.
What are the benefits of using a Network Switch?
1. Offers additional Ethernet Ports
2. Connect as many devices as you wish
3. Smart Switches allow you to control all connections
What is a Wifi Adapter?
A Wi-Fi USB Adapter lets you upgrade your desktop or laptop to the latest generation of wireless speeds, so you can easily stream HD media, download music, and enjoy high-speed online gaming.
What are the benefits of using a Wifi Adapter?
1. No more need for networking cables
2. Easy to install
3. No need to upgrade your computer